Thursday, August 25, 2011

RAINBOWS IN HEAVEN

After reading Heaven is for Real, I would really recommend this book to just about anybody. Those who believe in an afterlife and those who don’t, it gives you an inside look on a little boys trip to heaven and back, and everything he claims to have witnessed. Colton tells everything from the gates of heaven, to what Jesus looks like, to what God’s throne looks like, and how it never gets dark in heaven. This book makes me never want it to end, thinking there’s more and more to learn from about heaven, just from a tiny 4 year old’s mind.
It’s hard to believe that reading something like this that a four year old tells is real. Children often have the mind that can go on and on for forever, and make up thinks that seem lie impossible. Although Colton’s father who tells the story claim everything’s true, from Colton’s little sister who was miscarried that he met in heaven, to asking God to send down a rainbow that resembles the one he saw in heaven.

Colton’s childlike attitude and faith in this story is remarkable. He reminds his family that God really does love his children, and that God answer’s the prayers of friends. Everything in this book is interesting, and I never want to put it down. I plan on reading even more books like this, because it gives me a little faith that this is really what God has waiting for me in heaven. Without this book, I couldn’t even try to think of what I have waiting in store for me in my afterlife.

I am sad to see this book coming to an end, and I wish I could read more of what Colton has to say about his trip to heaven and back. 

1 comment:

  1. I have this book at home and my parents have read it, but I haven't really had the time. I think I will definitely read this book as soon as I'm finished with my current one! I really like your enthusiasm about the book because this is a topic that is really big to me.

    ReplyDelete