Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally, maybe

During this semester, I didn’t read much of a book selection. I tend to read romantic, love stories with a little kick to it. I like reading about girls my age who fall in love with a boy, and then somehow the relationship comes back to haunt them. It makes me realize that getting caught up in the moment is an easy thing to do , and that I should always keep my guard up. Although I always somehow hope the good girl gets back with the – what everybody else thinks – bad boy. Turns out, all girls like the bad boys. Well most of the time. Fortunately it is pretty easy to find books like these on my own that interested me. Many authors like to write about this stuff for young adults. I like all of the Nicholas sparks books, because he always has a main conflict that interferes with the two characters. I just recently got the book called Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles. It is a sequel to her earlier book, Perfect Chemistry. Wanna know what I’ve been thinking about lately being a junior taking chemistry and all? I don’t understand why authors and movie makers love to make the chemistry lab partners fall in love with each other. Chemistry has to do with electrons and the periodic table, not potions to make you fall in in love. I have found chemistry rather annoying, and I know my previous lab partner were nothing even close to connecting. We didn’t even get along half the time! I did have an easy time looking for something I could stick with. The only book I had to drop was Modelland by Tyra Banks, and that book was just crazy. It was so creative and imaginative; there was no way I could keep up.
                The only problem with this reading assignment was me being able to keep up with the reading assignment. With my busy schedule:
Monday:  work and homework
Tuesday: read and homework
Wednesday: Dad’s house and homework
Thursday: work and homework
Friday: work
Saturday: read
Sunday: work and homework
                School has really been taking over my life lately, I have so many projects going on like the English research paper, Chemistry presentation, this anthology, and work. But when I do have time reading, I really enjoyed it. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment