Saturday, September 24, 2011

Flashbacks

The Mockingbirds
Daisy Whitney

So in the past two days, I have to have read at lease 60 pages. Much has gone on, and Carter has found out that he is going to go to the Mockingbirds trial for date rape. He called Alex and told her she was a liar, and that they weren’t going to believe her or anything, he said she was all over him and she wanted it.. Martin stopped by to give Alex dinner, since she still refuses to go to the caf. Throughout the book, you can tell that Alex has some feelings for Martin, and after they have dinner, she suggests they watch Law and Order. When she is in the middle of the show, she’s staring at her computer, but the only thing on her mind is that she wants to kiss Martin. Then, you can guess it. Martin ends up kissing her! (: I hope they end up together in the end, because Martin is such a good guy. If I haven’t mentioned Martin yet, he’s part of the Mockingbirds and a school friend who she’s had her eyes on for a while.

Every now and then throughout the book, Alex has a flashback to the night and remembers more and more what happened that night. When she has the latest flashback it says:
I hear a ripping sound . . . a wrapper for the condom. I press my palms hard against him and push him. I shake my head; I say no. And I keep my hands on his chest like that, like a bodybuilder holding back a car, a strong man holding up a bridge, trying to get him off me.

When I read these flashbacks, I feel like if I was put in that situation, I wouldn’t know what to think. I feel helpless reading this and know that date-rape happens often, and it is so unfair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment