Thursday, September 1, 2011

Teenage Girl Drama-Rama


             In The Duff, I have learned more about Bianca, and how she functions with her surroundings affecting every aspect of her life. Her mom is away on business trips 2 months at a time, and her father and mother doesn’t get a divorce, which might be the best situation in this case. I know that even when I didn’t want my parents to get divorced two years ago, it was the right thing to do. Next, not wanting to go to parties and have fun with her friends. Where she lives, there is a “teen club” which was once a bar, but now its for teenagers, and they only serve soft drinks and have loud music. When she is here, Wesley Rush decides he needs to pester her, and before Bianca knows it, she kisses him. And worse, she likes it. Now she has to forget that she ever kissed Wesley, and forget how incredibly much she liked kissing him.

            With all this happening around her, she still can’t forget when Wesley called her “Duff.” He refers to her Duffy, and when she can hardly stand to be in the same room as him (contrary to what she wants to think, she still wants to kiss him!) she now has to be his partner in a report about a novel they’ve just read in class. I’m eager to see what unfolds when they are alone and have to get together over the weekend.  I just know she’s going to fall for him, and in a way, I want Wesley to actually be a soft-spoken guy who has a heart when he’s not influenced to be the bad guy in a room full of over-obsessed high school girls. I know that I shouldn’t want them to be together because he’s a jerk and coward to her, but it’s what you see in the movies right?  All teenager girls wish that something like this would happen to them, where they are partners with the hottest guy in school and suddenly realize that they know nothing about the real “him.”

2 comments:

  1. I read this book last week and really liked it. I was silently rooting for them to get together too (:

    ReplyDelete